First Day

Walking down E. Liberty, I didn't know what to expect on my first day at my internship. Would they run over my schedule for the next two months in a structured, dense format? Would they immediately start me on a new project? What will my other co-workers be like? Will I fit in to a tech environment? My head was swarming with questions and the only way I would get answers would be to have an open mind and not set any expectations. Immediately when I saw my work place, I had imagined it being surrounded by other start up tech companies in a small room. The fact I was surrounded by other tech people from different backgrounds made the atmosphere much more intriguing and energetic. When I met with my one specific co-worker who is the co-founder of the company, he ran through the Marketing Tools for the website they've just launched as part of their new branding. As a content marketer, I knew that I would spend majority of the time writing content for their new website. Once I understood the "behind the scenes" of the website, I started going through a huge spreadsheet filled with upcoming "food bucket list" articles and filled out a profile for each of the articles. For example, for the "Mexican Food Bucket List" I made sure the profile included many hashtags or keywords that describe Mexican cuisine. That way, when I draft my article, all the pictures using the word "mexican" would include the hashtags I wrote such as nachos, enchiladas, etc. This process took approximately 4 hours to do. Since all these tools are new to me, it took me awhile to adjust but it was fairly straightforward. My first day kept me pretty busy, but that's what I liked about it. Even though I was doing the same repetition over and over again, I got the hang of it and the last couple of hours went by like a breeze. I couldn't have asked for a smoother first day at BestFoodFeed!

Comments

Popular Posts